The direction of the faculty's scientific research and education activities is based on the traditional scientific research foundation that at the time of its establishment was oriented especially on the textile, glass, and automobile industry fields. The profile gradually expanded, and it currently focuses on the applied research and development needs with the emphasis on:
- Research and development of traditional and modern materials.
- Research, development, and innovation of standard and progressive technologies.
- Design of special machines and equipment.
- Reducing power input and weight.
- Sustainable transportation.