The University Library is a special institution of the Technical University in Liberec. It enables access to its collections by providing loan, copying, electronic document delivery, bibliographic, informational and publication services. Its services are used by university pedagogues and students, scientific and research workers, and also by all interested persons.
The University Library is a new modern library where teaching materials and books may be found in Czech and in foreign languages as well. The library has a great variety of resources, including periodicals in Czech and foreign languages. It is divided into four sections: Czech, English, German and French.
Students also dispose of modern study rooms, magazines and graduation theses study rooms. Most of the services are offered only in the library in the Study Rooms.
Along with the conventional circulation of books and reprography services offers the University Library other referential and informational services. Rights and duties of the users are determined in the Library Rule. Basic services provides the UL free of charge, paid services and services provided under the financial participation of the user are charged according to the Price list.
The building of international importance is The Research Library in Liberec. The Research Library in Liberec is the inheritor of the Czech and German library traditions in Liberec. The library – Building of Peace and Reconciliation – is aimed at the development and reconciliation of mutual relations. The building of the library was specially designed to occupy the site where one of the biggest Jewish synagogues in central Europen stood untill 1938.
The Regional Research Library in Liberec is a prominent hub of information, education and culture in the city of Liberec and the Liberec Region as a whole, a place for people to meet.
The library operates in the city and the region at the following levels:
- as a regional research library, with a thematically universal stock of documents that focus on glass and textiles;
- as a municipal public library with a freely accessible library stock of wonderful and popular non-fiction for readers of all age categories;
- as a regional library offering documents and information from the history and present of the region;
- as an information centre providing bibliographic, factual and reference material;
- as an access point to a wide range of information and databases which are available via the Internet (library catalogues, information from state administration and self-governing regions etc.).
The Regional Research Library in Liberec welcomes readers of all age and interest categories from the Liberec Region and of course all visitors to the area looking for information about the city and region or simply looking for a place to relax on their journeys.