Faculty of Mechanical Engineering TUL
- The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is the oldest faculty of the Technical University of Liberec. It was established in 1953 as the Institute of Mechanical Engineering (Vysoká škola strojní) and laid foundations for the development of university education in Liberec.
- In the post-war period, Liberec started to focus on the automotive industry, machine tool manufacture and plastics processing in addition to the traditional textile and glass industries. This fact determined, and to some extent still determines the R&D research orientation of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
- At present, the science and research focus shifts to new areas such as the environment, safety, medicine, power engineering, nanomaterials and nanotechnology, emphasising the themes and needs of the 21st century.
- The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is profiled as a scientific engineering faculty.
- The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering provides and guarantees the expert level for all three study program types: bachelor studies, master studies, doctoral studies.
- The basic and especially the applied research and development focus on the area that reflects the professional orientation of ten departments, i.e. material engineering, mechanics, competitive machines and equipment, and technological and production processes: materials, mechanics, construction, technology.
- The Faculty offers and provides a wide scope of services, the scientific research contracting activities, and the lifetime education for the industrial field: materials, mechanics, construction, technology.
- At the Faculty of Mechnical Engineering, research is a major asset for the development of education and erudition of society.
- Scientific research and engineering are an integral part and a dominant activity of the academic and research staff, fundamentally contributing to the profile of the Faculty.
- The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering spreads the erudition by deepening and moving the knowledge on the nature of materials, actions and processes in order to apply new findings in the sustainable development of society.
- It is generally perceived as one the most significant technically oriented university faculties in the Czech Republic with a strong international accent.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is an independent scientific research organization of European dimension consistently fulfilling the mission in areas of scientific research.
- Faculty of Mechynical Engineering is a respected partner in the framework of a national and international scientific research area.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is a recognized and respected partner for collaboration with application and industry partners.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is a clearly profiled research organization in the field of technical education and technical sciences, while achieving high quality results at national and international level.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is a financially stable research organization relying on a strong research base to guarantee long-term perspective of the faculty's research, development and innovative activities.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is a desirable workplace for doctoral students from Czech and foreign universities.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is a part of research teams and projects within the university, Czech Republic and international research teams.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is based on cooperation between faculty departments and university departments as well as research institutes.
- Faculty departments develop research programs, which are essential criterion for the functioning or establishment of research teams, a platform for mutual cooperation, as well as planning the personnel and financial resources.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is a research center with developed infrastructure at a standard international level.