Strategic plan for the development of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering TUL for the period up to 2025 with a view to 2030 considers the internationalization of activities and international cooperation as one of the main tasks of the faculty with the aim of developing and strengthening activities in the entire spectrum of the faculty's activities, in accordance with the TUL Internationalization Strategy for the period 2021- 2025.
- The Faculty long-term ensures and develops international cooperation both in the field of education and in the field of creative activity.
- Recently, international activities have been growing and the international attributes of scientific research activities are being strengthened.
- The Faculty has accredited study programs in the English language at all levels of study in the field of OV27 education.
- Since 2014, the faculty has offered and implemented teaching in follow-up Master's and Doctoral study programs.
- Teaching takes place in English for self-paying students and government scholarship holders as part of the foreign development cooperation program for foreigners from developing countries to support studies at public universities in the Czech Republic.
- The faculty normally offers and conducts teaching within the short-term programs ERASMUS+, CEEPUS, IP TUL, IAESTE, etc.
- Regarding support of exchange and educational events, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering TUL develops long-term cooperation supported by contractual relations with partner universities.
- Scientific research mobility of academics and students is implemented with the support of other sources, e.g. DAAD, DZS, Ministry of Education and Culture of the Czech Republic, OP Czech-Saxony cross-border development cooperation, OP VVV scientific research.
- The faculty promotes international awareness at international fairs.
- The faculty regularly organizes international scientific conferences.
- In 2020, the faculty participated in the International Evaluation of TUL activities by an International Evaluation Panel.